December 19, 2012

DECKING OUR HALLS

This holiday has already been one of the most fun I've ever had! We bought a 102 year-old house this spring and decking it out has been a ball! Please enjoy some of the ideas below!!
After a really busy year, I was really working towards a white and shimmery Christmas. Our home now not only feels festive, but so serene. 

Here's our little reindeer. :)



...so, I have a thing for snowflakes. I always have. There is something so satisfying to me about cutting away at a plain piece of paper until you can't remove anything else, then opening it up for a total surprise! 



Rather than a wreath, I opted for a simple arrangement this year. When I saw the gold and champagne berries, I jumped on them!!


Here's a shot of my favorite vignette in the house. Imagine all kinds of snowflakes hung from above. They are gold on one side, so they glitter as they spin!


Ok, simple as these may seem, they are the crowning glory of my decor this year. We saw some similar to these in Vail, CO and had to have some. Since we weren't willing to pay the pretty penny for the ones we saw, we went the DIY route. I might have had to butcher the hedge outside, BUT I ended up with the perfect set of "antlers." Awesome #1 Hubby even hand-made the brackets to mount them!!


Close-up of the tree. Love the silver & gold on white! 


Years ago, my dad picked up this beautiful nativity while on a trip to China. It is absolutely stunning and means so much to me each year I pull it out.



This is actually just the beginning of a Christmas project I might have to complete next year.... :) After hand-drawing onto the canvas, I will 'machine sketch' over the pattern.


Here's our wonderful "little" tree! We were fortunate to acquire a very tall tree this year which our ceiling can just barely accommodate. We can't even fit a star on top, but we love it!!!

We three ladies here at Edit Design House want to wish the happiest of holidays!


Cheers!
xx
Stacie, Cheryl & Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online